COMPETE is CrossFit Caloundra's programming track for those athletes who wish to complete structured extras ON-TOP of the daily WOD to improve their skills and strength rapidly.
The goal of this program is twofold -- first, to provide athletes with a strong foundation and specific tools they need to succeed in competition, and second, to grow a strong community of like-minded athletes eager to better themselves physically, mentally, and emotionally.
CFC COMPETE will fit in very seamlessly with the daily WOD and can be completed in any of the daily classes, after the class (30-45 min window available most days) or in Open Gym time. You could even split it up into 2x day training (AM & PM). For non-members of CFC, this programming will be a complete prescription for assisting you better your CrossFit ability more rapidly.
A minimum of 6 months of regular CrossFit training at a CF affiliate.
An attitude that encompasses the following traits: Coachable, hungry, confident, positive
Achieving a regular 4x sessions/week
$50/month. May cancel anytime.
Our Expectations of You:
1. Be consistent – training consistency is the only thing that will get you to that next level of fitness. Be consistent when we’re in the training weeks.
2. Prioritise your recovery – COMPETE will require a higher work capacity and will involve a higher volume of training. We expect you to make time to enhance your recovery ability. This can be done in the form of; daily stretching/rolling, GOWOD/ROMWOD sessions, massage, chiropractic, getting 8-10 hours of sleep every night and eating properly. Recovery should be an equal priority as training! Track your HRV (heart rate variability) to get a daily indicator of how stressed you are so this may guide you in your daily training decisions.
3. Eat properly – this is simple. Eat meat, nuts, seeds & oils, high quality carbs & very little refined sugar every day of the week. Organic is better. Training more means you need to eat more. Use supplements – balance oil (Omega-3s), protein powder, magnesium and pro/pre-biotics as the base level then kick it up into creatine, beta-alanine & bcaa’s if needed. Your body’s a Ferrari, treat it like one.
4. Leave the EGO – Be honest with yourself and where you are as an athlete. Everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses. Complete all the reps. Perform the movement standards perfectly. Seek virtuosity in all movements.
Here are the character traits you must embody being a part of COMPETE (masterfully described by Ben Bergeron).
– Coachable – There might be a better way. Are you willing to invest in pursuing it?
– Hungry – Wants more. More time in the gym. More information. More opportunities.
– Confident – Knows that their best effort is enough and is patient enough to trust the process.
– Positive – Never whines. Never complains. Never makes excuses.
5. Be available for comps – whenever we put the call out for CFC members to jump in for comps we want you to be the first to put your hands up if you’re available. COMPETE is about getting better on the competition stage.
6. Set goals – having a destination to get aim for makes the journey worth it. Fluffing along with no direction or discipline is a waste of everyone’s time.
You can sign up using the button below or email Marty for a 2 week free trial;